I thought her breast buds were supposed to go away.

My daughter is 16 months old now and the docotor said when she was first born that these breast buds were temporary and would go away before she turned one. She still has these breast buds and at our last appointment the docotor said she has overdeveloped breast. My 4 year old daughter didnt have these complications. I am just curious if anyone else has these issues?

ajwinchell

Asked by ajwinchell at 2:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter did, but I can't remember how long it took for them to go away. Did the doctor act concerned about it, they could test her hormone levels.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No, My daughter is 7 and it is scary it looks like she is developing.

It is all the stuff people put in our foods. I would speak to the peds ask them why, how, can you prevent this from happening? Ask questions that is what they are there for.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I can't tell you anything about it for now, but to help her out in the future, make sure you are only giving her organic dairy and meats. Dairy and meats contain a lot of artificial growth hormones and other things that are leading to kids developing much earlier than they used to. I would ask your pediatrician about it, and see what they say about the hormones and stuff in our food supply, but that is why I am giving my kids organic especially in the dairy and meat, or at least all natural with no growth hormones and antibiotics. Good luck.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We tried that organic dairy before. Her bowel movements went solid white and we ended up in the Hospital with a series of test including blood samples, ultrasounds, and stool samples. once I took her off the organic milk it cleared up and went back to normal colored bowel movements.
    ajwinchell

Comment by ajwinchell (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Take her off of dairy completely. There are many alternatives to dairy. Dairy is not necessary for growth & developement.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was going to say....the hormones in cows milk, and formula (made from cows milk). I actually began lactating from cows milk and the hormone in it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010