VARICOSE VEINS

Hi I was just wondering has anyone gone through treatments for this. If you have can you tell me the cost of what you payed. I have two major veins that are awful the worst one goes from my ankle to halfway up my inner thigh and at the end of it on my thigh its huge and circled around bout the size of my palm. If I could only afford to get one done I would do this one since it's so embrassing I can't even wear shorts. I don't have insurance right now so that's why I'm wondering how much it would be. If you had a similar treatment. Thanks

mermaid59

Asked by mermaid59 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have never had anything like that done, but it sounds like it is a very large vein, so probably at least $1000.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Go to your regular dr and make a complaint of pain, pressure from swelling after days on activty. Sometimes it will take a couple trips to your regular dr, and then the insurance will have to cover it!
    I have had those shots on both my legs, they last for one summer and it was about 50 shots in each leg, and about 275.00. Never again! The purple ones came back worse,as I was warned.
    For me, it was not worth the money, long dresses in bright cool fabrics, is where I should've put the cash!
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 12:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sometimes your insurance will cover the cost of the procedure depending on what is causing it and any symptoms etc. Pain is a symptom that will usually get a procedure approved.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 5:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010