15 month old saying enough words?

Should I be concerned if my 15 month old doesn't seem to be saying any new words for a while? He says momma, dadda, & woof woof. If he wants something, he just points or yells. Advice anyone?

CHICK106

Asked by CHICK106 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is almost 14 months, says mama, dada, hi, night night, no no, ball. I wouldn't really worry about it too much, they are all different. I would just try and encourage more words when he is pointing, yelling etc..
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son is 15 months too, he really doesn't say a whole lot either. Just Momma, dada, bye, hi,hey, oh boy, thank you, baby,no. But he jabs all the time, I'd say as long as your child is vocal in one way or another there is nothing to worry about.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Both my kids were late talkers. My first daughter I was really concerned, I had an early development teacher who came to the house to test her for developmental delays. But the teacher was not concerned she said she was above in all other aspects ofher than her speach. She gave some great advice on encouraging speach. like encouraging her to say cup before I hand her a cup. Or asking her to get her shoes or put things in the garbage and show her what these things are so that she would pick up the individual words and learn them. My 16 month old is still is not wanting to talk. I am sure your little one will pick it up soon speach is a difficult thing to learn.
    ajwinchell

Answer by ajwinchell at 3:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That is fine. When he points just tell him what the item is. Like if he is points to a cup tell him its a cup.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010