ovarian cysts? HELP

i called the doc to get my IUD prossibly removed.. started menstural cycle june 14th had normal for about 1-1.5 weeks then a little bleeding every day mostly with BM... over the weekend i had severe sharp pain in lower abdomen that med could only ease for a little bit of time... been feeling dizzy and nauseaus, also i dont have the sharp pain today or yesterday but behind my ribs on both side feel sore ..my sis in law told me to get in asap... so i called the doc and said i wanted it out... she set me up with appt to get it checked to see if maybe its a cyst and not the IUD... what do you think?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• Wish i could help but I have no clue so here's a bump :(
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 3:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Cysts are normal with every woman. Most women get them from each ovulation...however, most don't notice and the ones that do will find that the pain goes away in a few days as the cyst goes away on its own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ditto Nickynova...just go to the appt and see what they say...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• oh also i still have a little bleeding every day and its been almost a month
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The bleeding could also just be break thru bleeding from the IUD. Depending on the BC, you could not have any spotting or you could spot for awhile. They will do an ultrasound to check your ovaries.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i have had the IUD for 1.5 years
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would go see a doctor, especially if your stomach is bothering you. I had an ovarian cyst years ago and bleeding and vomiting were two problems I had besides the pain in my back. It never hurts to have it checked out.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010