Sleeping on your left side??

Is anyone else having problems sleeping on their left side? Everything I have read says to sleep on your left side but it hurts to much. I am really having a problem with this. I mean I can sleep in any postition except that one. Is anyone else having this problem? If so have you found a way out of it? If so how?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I slept pretty much any way that was comfortable. If it hurts, it's not good for you. I slept on my tummy up to 29 weeks before I gave that up. I slept on my back for most of the rest of the time after that
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I slept on my left until it hurt, then, switched to my right until it hurt and back and forth all night every night.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• During my first trimester with this baby, I was very sick with hyperemesis and laying on my left side always made my nausea worse.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• don't even worry about that. i slept on my belly most of my pregnancy and then switched to my back...you don't have to sleep on your left side, they say it's better for oxygen flow but if your body wasn't getting enough oxygen you would feel it and wake up before it could even begin to effect your baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Okay thank you guys I was really starting to worry that something could be wrong.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I sleep however I am comfortable--back, sides, half on my tummy, whatever.  My doctors agreed...sleep however you are comfortable.  You'll wake up and move before it effects your baby in any way.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010