Uh oh

I left my refrigerator door ajar after grabbing a bottle of milk for my son,and forgot to close it in the rush to take the bottle to him. I don't remember how long I left it open for..I think maybe 10 minutes? and now the light is not on. Is it possible that I somehow damaged the fridge, or is it just on a low energy setting? I'm really worried I just did something really bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The light bulb is blown maybe?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You could have a burnt out light
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If the light bulb is blown, doesn't that mean the food could spoil? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I doubt you damaged th fridge. Maybe the bulb burnt out. They do do that eventually. Maybe 10minutes was just too long for the bulb to take. LOL :)
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I doubt the food would spoil after 10minutes. The food gets more heat coming home from the grocery store.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• did you close it and reopen it? Silly question but it happened to me, it has a power save thing and the light will go off after a minute.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope, a blown light bulb does not mean the food in the fridge went bad, our bulb blows all the time! Close the fridge & reopen to see if the light comes back on. If not try screwing the light bulb in, sometimes they get knocked loose. If this doesn't fix it head to Wal mart or the like & pick up an appliance bulb, there is a special one specifically for the fridge, make sure you get that one.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Thanks guys! I gave it a few minutes to "recharge" and the light turned back on.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010