Anybody know if Hydroco-apap syrup will work on menstrual cramps?

I was given this w/ some steroids and antibiotic for a throat infection.
I stopped taking the syrup when the pain was manageable last week and the other two I stopped last night.

I am now getting my period, and wondering if I can take hydroco-apap for the cramps?

( I don't want to take ibuprofine as usual, 'cause I am sure there is still some of the other meds in my system, and I don't know if they would be good together.)

Atleast I know the syrup goes w/ the ones I just stopped taking. -- Anyone knows what I should do?

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• Take the Ibuprofen, it's safer than hydrocodone.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Hydrocodone can be addictive, which is why you shouldn't use it for longer than you have to.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That syrup is Vicodin with Tylenol. Since you stopped taking it last week, it's safe to take Ibuprofen now. Ibuprofen is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) so you're not going to be adding any additional steroids to your system because of the one's you were previously on. Antibiotics are safe to take in conjunction with pain relievers.

Vicodin syrup is a bit overkill for cramps. Call your prescribing doctor, or pharmacist who dispensed the meds and get a professional opinion, however I can say that you're probably in the clear to take the ibuprofen.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• But wouldn't the ibuprofine be bad w/ the other medicine still in my body (augmentin es-600 sus teva) ?
    Nynne

Comment by Nynne (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope. Augmentin is just an antibiotic and completely safe to take with ibuprofen.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It should because it's just liquid vicodin.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Take the ibuprofen or naproxen (better for cramps); don't wear tampons.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2010