Breaking up question. Maybe more of a rant.

My bf and I got in a fight, I guess we sorta broke up but not really, now he won't talk to me. How do you handle that? What is up with guys that do that? How can they just stop talking you? I admit I made a bit of a fool of myself, I sorta begged him to talk to me, but comeon, I can't handle the cold shoulder thing. Why would you even want to do something like that to someone? Even if you didn't care about them....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• The best thing to do is probably wait a little bit and then try and talk to him again.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Because it works.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• To me it is cruel and I would recommend that you think about what kind of person he is to do that so you aren't tempted to remember only the good times and consider taking him back. I do not tolerate the silent treatment and I won't accept it as a part of my life. If he wants to get back with you he must change this, but really, look at any other things he does which might border on abuse. Withholding communication, affection, intimacy. Not good stuff.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would think you would be happier with out you. Go find someone who wants you around.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• oops You would be happier without HIM.
    LucasMama08

• Because sometimes the maturity is just not there. I say the best thing you could do is let him be, I am sure once he sees that you are no longer "chasing" him he will come to his senses and call you. Hubby and I go through this too, sometimes when he makes me really upset or hurts my feelings, I won't answer his calls, gives both of us cooling time.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would think about the one question you should ask him and that should be where is this going? I would also ask myself if he is cutting off communication for something silly how is it going to be when its important? What is more important to you? I think you should sit down and figure this out. Its hard to be alone but even harder to be with someone who will not speak to you.Silence is golden just not in a relationship. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• gl! I can't handle the silence treatment either.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would just leave him alone. If you broke up then you broke up. I know it is hard and you want him to talk to you but if he thinks you are broken up nd won't talk to you then leave it alone. Chances are he will come back and try to contact you later anyway. Just try not to play the needy ex girlfriend and see what happens! ((HUGS)) I know it's hard but try!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 6:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010