A Play kitchen for a Boy? or a Play Grill like Kitchen?

For me personally I dont like the thought of boy having a kitchen but what about lke the little Grills, that have everything but it looks like a grill more boy I guess

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 4:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I asked this same question around Christmas. I don't have a problem with my boys having a kitchen but their dad does. It was unanimous, boys gotta eat too so whats wrong with them playing with a toy kitchen?
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• some of the greatest chefs in the world are men- if my hubby didn't cook we'd starve!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• having a grill won't make him "manly" just like a kitchen won't make him feminine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• why, are boys not allowed to cook? only grill...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm not sure why it bothers you. My son had a play kitchen when he was a toddler. He helps me in the kitchen all of the time!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My oldest had a play grill, it was kind of cute and he seemed to like it, although he did not play with it for very long. My 2nd and 3rd sons loved playing with the play dishes and kitchens! My mom has one at her house, and we have one at our house.
    I don't see anything wrong with a boy having a kitchen, it might inspire them to be a world class chef like Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay, Emeril....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My boys LOVED their play kitchen! They are now 8 &10, a couple of years ago when I got rid of it they were so upset! Why don't you kike a boy to play with a kitchen? What if he is playing firefighter and needs to cook at the fire station? Is that manly enough for you LOL! Seriously, my DH is a firefighter and I'm used to going by the station and seeing a bunch of big burly guys cooking in the kitchen :-)
    How about all of the men chefs?
    However, if you want to get him a grill then go for it, it is up to you of course.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Either or will be fine. When I was a preschool teacher..it was mostly the boys that played in our kitchen area! lol They love it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my son (who just turned 3 a few months ago) plays with a kitchen set, he plays on it with his lil' sister. he also like toy trucks, legos, getting dirty...dh has been deployed for his whole second year, so he's been with me and his sister the whole time....he's never tried dressing a doll, never played dress up, hates sleeping with dolls. all this, his sister does. I've never had to stop him because he's never wanted to, not that i would stop him anyway. not even when he sees his lil sis do it. (they're 16 months apart) i see nothing wrong with a kitchen set for little boys.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Kids LOVE the kitchen.
    But if if is a big deal to you get the grill.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010