Lead by example? Teachers should know better.

My husband is in law enforcement. I've always known the kids at school have been awful to our kids because of this. It makes us feel bad for them but they are proud of who he is and what he does. It has been getting really bad lately and one kid even asked my daughter in class why he arrested him when he robbed the laundromat. Duh? Well, now I just found out one of the teachers put my daughter on the spot in class because her dad stopped him. He's also the one who always asks her in class, what would your dad do? I'm not sure what to do. The school year is over.

Lifes-A-Dance

Asked by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in

• I work in public schools and I hate hearing about things like this. No teacher should behave like this.

Btw, it took me a minute to figure out what you meant (that the teacher put your daughter on the spot b/c your husband pulled the teacher over). Also, I might have more specific advice if I knew how old your daughter was / what grade level this teacher teaches. I'm guessing high school since her classmates are getting arrested.

I would also talk to your daughter, let her talk about how she feels about all this, and ask her what she would like to do / would like you to do / would like that teacher to do (in an ideal world).
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 5:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'd still talk to the school- they should know about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• 6th grade
    Lifes-A-Dance

Comment by Lifes-A-Dance (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

Next question in
College Scholarships, etc...

Next question overall (Relationships)
I'm wondering