Severe back pain

Ok I know they said that pregnant people have some back pain but is there a line that is to much?? I mean my back hurts so bad that it is hard to get up from even a chair? Should I call my doctor or just wait and talk to her at my next appt?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had lower back pain with my first. If its running down your back and through your butt and leg then its probably sciatic nerve irritation. I had to go to the chiropractor throughout the pregnancy to keep it from locking back up. I would recommend trying the chiro first if that is where the pain is. The chiro worked wonders for me and now I am 5 weeks away from baby #2 and I haven't had to go at all this pregnancy. Hope this helps!!
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 4:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I completely understand, I have a herniated/bulging disk in my back, and the pregnancy is not helping the pain. Please talk with your doctor. They'll probably suggest stretches to you, physical therapy, massage, heat, walking, pregnancy back brace....something along those lines, but I'm sure they'll help you out. I hope you feel better soon, take care.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have back pain pretty bad sometimes. Try changing positions, stretching, or a hot bath or shower. All of those things seem to help me some. If you can't make it go away then call your care provider.
    jdhshamoo

Answer by jdhshamoo at 4:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well its not just my lower back because i was ready for that this goes down into but hasnt reached my leg yet but it is close and I havent read anything on this kind of pain so I am kind of worried. And thanks for your help you guys
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2010