What is a babymoon??

I keep hearing about these "babymoons" but what are they? Did I miss some nation wide memo or something??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I for most people a "babymoon" is one last get away for a couple before the baby comes. However, for some people, a babymoon is the time that mother and baby spend bonding when baby is born (little or no visitors, mom stays in bed w/ baby to recover from birth, get good at breastfeeding etc. while her partner and any other helpers take care of the house, cook for mom etc.)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's like taking another honeymoon except you do it just before you have the baby to have that special time with just your SO/DH...which you should be doing anyway regardless if you are expecting or not.

It's another item that was made up by resorts trying to increase revenue...kinda like Hallmark and all the holiday cards
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Babymoon is like a honeymoon.
    A romantic couple getaway before the baby comes.

I haven't heard the other variation that maggiemom explained, but yeah, that ones pretty cool too!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ok thank you guys
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• As all the PP said it's like a honeymood. I agree with Jademom, it's just a gimic. I mean, when I was 7 months pregnant the last thing on my mind was taking a little vacation to relax. But that's just me. I would think that money could be spent in a more responsible way, but if you have lots of money, more power to you. I think you could just relax in your own home.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My friend says "babymoon" b/c on their honeymoon they got pregnant with their little man :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i always thought it was the time when mom and baby are bonding. like you get married, new member of the family, you go on a honeymoon to get to know each other. lol. you have a baby, you get to know each other. i just thought it was a cutesy thing. like saying enjoy your babymoon instead of saying enjoy the first couple weeks of your baby's life...? sounds like i was wrong!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010