SHOULD PARENTS W/KIDS HAVE 1 FREE DAY OUT OF THE WEEK TO THEMSELVES?

My husband believes that we should not have a day to ourselves every now and then.i need some time to myself..he works and i am SAHM.I love my kids but i need ME TIME.i dont wanna just leave him in the house because when i come back it's gonna be straight attitude because i just got up and left.I just look after the kids clean the house and cook..EVERYDAY it's the same thing,unless a doc.appt is due.we do plenty family stuff really hardly any hubby and wife stuff,witch i'm also annoyed at.Stuff gets planned but almost never followed thru.So now dissapointed and frustrated.Don't like to argue..so some stuff gets held inside.should i just pick my own day to just have to myself or what.....i don't know.

CafeMom732

Asked by CafeMom732 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i think sahms especially need a day... i'm home 24/7 with my kids and i think a day away from them would make me a better, more patient mom lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i think we should MOST def , a happy sane relaxed mommy is the best mommy there is ! my dd goes to grandma's every other friday night and we have a date night, and it is nice and im def there by 9-10am next day to pick her up but that few hrs refreshes me!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That's crap. Shame on your hubby. Even if it is getting groceries, running errands, etc, for a day, you should have a day or part of the day to yourself. My hubby makes sure I get alone time so I don't blow my top sometimes.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• although i would love it, when i came back there would just be twice as much to do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I actually don't. I feel that I brought this child into the world, she is my responsiblity and I need to be the one taking care of her. Occasionally we take her to my parents house and we have a "night out" - dinner/movie/drinks, etc. but normally I do everything I do WITH her. I teach her the things I am doing and when I want "alone time" I take a bath - for about 15 minutes (or until she realizes I'm gone) and she gets in with me.

I only have one child, maybe that will change once I have more, but for now it works for me!

SO on the other hand insists on having at least one day a week to himself - and I try my hardest to oblige!!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes, all mommies that stay home needs time to themselves. Else how would stay sane??
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• totally! dh gives me a day off all the time, especially if i'm really stressed. sometimes he'll give me 2 days if he can. or, if it's been a bad day for me, he'll come home and let me have an hour or 2 for myself, i can either just read, or go somewhere. (normally lately it's been the library though lol. the library is QUIET!) I do the same for him. if he wants to go out with the guys, i have no problem with it. he's smart enough though to know that he's a dad, has responsibilities, so he knows when to stop and when to come home. like if he stays out till 3am, he's on the couch. if he doesn't call, he's in the dog house lol. but we've never had to resort to that :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• t it is nice to have some me time even if its just dinner to reconnect with your S.0 to me we are parents first but still need that time to remember who were were before kids as well, a think a good healthly balance is a must have
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes but good luck trying to get it!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• good luck is right! because he works all day...when he comes home he just wants quiet time for himself.....meanwhile im to the roof with everything....thank you for the feedback.
    CafeMom732

Comment by CafeMom732 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010