renting..and our ac quit last night.

we've been renting the same place for two years in august. well this is the 4 time our ac has stopped blowing cold air. the person who owns our duplex, switched realtors halfway through to try and sell it, and ever since then its been horrible. anyway, our ac quit last night, but since we're renting, we don't have to pay for repairs...they do. well i called this morning at 830, when they were supposed to open, and an hour later finally get a call back, saying that the realtor would be by as soon as he's done with what he's doing. mind you, our house has sat at 80 all night long, and 82 this morning. so the realtor finally comes around at 1:00, to take a look (for whatever reason, he has to come take a look) at it. he can't figure out whats wrong so he finally calls a heat and air guy, and says he'll be here within the hour..that was at 1:30...so here we sit at 3:30, still waiting for the ac guy, and my house is at 86 degrees..

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 4:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have a 2 yo dd, and since i'm the only one home, we can't go anywhere bc we have to wait for the f*cking heat and air guy. what can i do?
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sweetie I understand it is frustrating, but I grew up without a/c and it isn't the end of the world really. You will survive it and while you are frustrated remember your landlord can't make the guy show up to fix it.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• honey i feel your pain.. i live in georgia and mine quit about 3 weeks ago and had to be fixed it was soooooooo hot
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i;m not worried about me, i can deal...i'm concerned about my dd.
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Your DD will be fine, let her take a bath or play in a sprinkler. I'm an office manager at an AC company in Phoenix, The calls usually go by what is more important or higher paying. Sometimes we will tell people itll be an hour and it takes 5 to get someone out there. Sit tight. Your DD will be fine, 86 is nothing, keep her hydrated.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• 86 is something when it's not a dry heat. its humid every day here
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Do you have any fans? The bath idea is good. A cool bath. Both of you put on your swimsuits and make a play date out of it. ;)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Let her play in the bath tub, let her run around in diaper/undies. She will be ok give her lots of liquid. Maybe if you have Ice cream or something cold for her to have. its frustrating, i know but it will be ok.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Honey, I'm so very sorry this happened to you! I completely understand. Me and DH had a landlord like you once, and they never wanted to fix anything! We called the heat and air guy's office every 45 min. or hour and basically nagged them until they got tired of us and they sent someone right away. I hope your little princess isn't too crabby from the heat. Just keep her in the cool water and give her as much to drink as she wants. Good luck.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• thanks ladies for all the advice....i'm sitting at 4:45, and still no sign of anyone. it's frustrating beyond belief, bc i'm having to sit here in a hot house, waiting for this guy. the bath thing is out, bc our doorbell doesn't work (of course another thing they've been told about, and it hasn't been fixed), so i don't hear anyone, at the door since our actual bathrooms are up stairs.
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010