How often do you get time to yourself?

I haven't since becoming a mother. I never wanted to, but now I think it might be nice. But I'm scared to leave my babies with someone who isn't me. How do I cope with this better?

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like me!! My daughter is 4 and my son 2 and the only time they spent away from me was when I went to the hospital to have my son and when my daughter went to the hospital. My husband and I dont trust others very well with our kids! I do go shopping alone sometimes my hubby will watch them while i do that, but other then that i haven't really had time to my self.
    BrandiGunter

Answer by BrandiGunter at 4:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Truly to myself doesn't happen very often.... its been a long time. I cope by putting my kids to bed early so that I have an hour or 2 before DH comes home. Granted, right now it isn't helping much because I have an 8w old, but in a few months I'm sure I'll have some quiet time again.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 4:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I didn't really till my kids were both in school.

My family lives in Denmark, and hubbys family in Nebraska (we're in North Carolina).

Every once in a while (maybe once a yr.) we would get a sitter so the hubby + I could go out to eat or see a movie. We believe in being together as a family most of the time, they start school so young (5) after that we only see them 4-5 hours a day, before they go to bed.

I am enjoying the alone time I get while they're at school, but also relish in the days they have off :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I get more now that my son is almost 4years old.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• not in about 6 months. the best way to cope is to just do it. leave them with someone you trust, like a relative or a close friend.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My SO watches my son whenever I need a break, that's what fathers are for, to be there for us and pick up the slack when we need a break. One time my mom watched my son for like 3 hours so I could go to a bar with the gals. I guess he didn't sleep till I got back, but I was back by 10pm so no biggy.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The longest I have had "alone time" is over night when I let my two year old stay with grandpa and grandma. The first time was when she was almost a year old. I leave there at like 8 pm and come pick her up at like 8 am. LOL

I just got done posting in another answer that my alone time is when I get a 15 minute soak in the tub before mine realize I'm gone and then she gets in with me LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't get too much time by myself at all, except my for shower time, even then I have the baby pounding on the bathroom door and crying because he wants to come in. I did get about 1 1/2 hours at the mall yesterday while waiting for my son to finish football practice but I did have the baby with me, he was good :)

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I squeeze stuff in around everything else. I like to read, or make jewelry while everyone is peaceful. I often have projects sitting in one plae or another that I can pick up and work on while waiting in a car line, waiting at a ball practice, the dr.'s office, or just at home waiting for the next task to present itself. I spend time with my kids doing and making things, and it's very enjoyable to connect with them that way.
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 4:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The only time alone i have is when i come home from school, and i have a few hours to myself to relax and watch some tv.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010