how many would adopt a baby made by a reckless teenager.

kinda like on the movie juno?

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 4:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Adoption

• OP, I'm sorry about what happened when you were 14. I had a friend get pregnant by rape at age 16. She chose to place him for adoption because she'd already had several abortions and just couldn't do it again. It is not unusual for women to have painful memories after that. You cannot change the past, so you have to forgive yourself. You are not a hypocritical b*tch if you change your point of view. If you feel it would help, find a group of women who have been there and understand so they can talk you through it when you're having a hard time. There is a retreat called Rachel's Vineyard to help women heal from post-abortion trauma. It is a religion-based retreat, just so you know. Congratulations on your new baby!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I wonder what you're really asking in this question? Are you trying to make a point about something? Just wondering. As to whether I would adopt a "reckless" teens child my family is complete now after adopting my three children, but I would adopt any child that truly needed a home.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 4:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was a teenager just like the girl in juno, which I was not reckless but made a bad decsion. I think if someone truly wants a baby and it would not matter who the baby came from. I am glad my birth daughters parents did not think the way you are thinking !!!!! Being rather judgemental don't ya think !!!!! A baby is a baby !!!! Adoption is not about judging !!!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i would!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• if i had the money, I'd be taking unwanted babies of every shape size and color. Plenty of love to go around
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'd adopt. A baby is baby.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 4:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• A child who is up for adoption needs a loving parent so it seems to me that the adoptive parents are who are important not the bio parents. Just a thought, can't adults be reckless as well?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Me.
    What would the reckless teenager have anything to do with it? lol. A baby is a baby.
    I was adopted, and my bio mother was a reckless teenager - she was 14.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We want to adopt someday but I want to adopt internationally. That being said IF the GIRL DECIDES that she wants to give her baby up without being forced into it by parents or an adoption agency then I wouldn't be apposed IF it was for me which it's not.

I know someone who gave her baby up for adoption and she says that while she misses her baby and thinks of him daily she knows that she wouldn't be where she is know and he wouldn't of had the opportunities he has had she made the choice to keep him. She is really content with her decision but she also sought out adoption info on her own. Her family wanted her to keep the baby and offered to help her but she didn't want that life for her son.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If it would save the baby from being a victim of abortion, I would in a minute! I have four children, and would have ahd more if my husband hadn't had heart trouble. I've told my kids that if they know of a girl who gets into trouble, to let her know that we would take the baby through private adoption. If she needed a place to stay while pregnant, and help getting to and from doctor appointments, we would offer a place for her to stay as well. So many girls feel so trapped and scared that it causes them to do something they regret forever, so easing their minds and giving a helping hand is a way to live out our testimony.
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 4:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010