Adult son living with a girl and coming home for a visit.

Just an honest question. If your 20 yo son was living with a girl out of state and was coming home for a visit would you let them sleep in the same room? I have 2 older adult children and 2 younger children (5 and 8 yo). I am on the fence with this one. I really don't have a large problem with my possibility of my son living with a woman but I don't necessarily want them sharing a bed in my house when they are not married. What do you ladies think?

This is just something I was thinking about while folding clothes today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I wouldn't let them nor would my parents have let me
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope. And I wasnt allowed to either when DH and I went to my family's house to visit. (Obviously b4 we were married)
    It's about respecting the house rules.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think that is very old fashioned. My mom was the same way & i found it just bitterly irritating. They had sex & are going to have sex whether they are under your roof or not.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't believe in sharing a bed before marriage, so at my home it is not allowed ( I even had to separate my dad and his GF...).

What they do in their own house, I can't control, but in my home I can and should.

Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No. My son and his gf stayed three months here, and I made it clear that they were to have separate beds. If I had young children especially, I would not let the older children engage in behavior that I did not believe in. It would say to the other children that I was OK with it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• They're adults. I'd let them choose their sleeping arrangements.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You'll find lots of responses on subject here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's your house, your rules. Especially since you have younger children still in the house, I would let them know they have to respect your wishes. If they feel it's a negative opinion, then they can get a hotel.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Your home, your rules. I wouldn't allow it either.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• if their adults and live together I think it be fine.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010