Not that it matters, just curious is all--points question

So I was on cafemom earlier and noticed that I had 1994 points. I know this because it was the year I graduated high school (I know, I know, I'm old) so I remembered the number. When I came back a few hours later, I had 1993 points. I looked in the answers forum and the only reason to have 1 point deducted is if you answer anonymously and somebody votes it down. I have not answered anything anon (don't even think I can at this level anyway), so how did I lose 1 point? Anyone know?

vicesix

Asked by vicesix at 4:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• maybe it wasn't one point. It is possible that someone voted up two of your answers while you were gone, but then you had an answer voted down that cost you three points.

Just giving another possibility.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Hmm, that is odd. Did you delete any of your answers or questions? Maybe you voted up an answer that was deleted?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't even get the point of it all.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I've wondered the same thing. Mine keeps going up and down, so I have no clue.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• So layh41407, you lose points if someone votes down your answer? I didn't know that--I didn't see anything about that in the "credit chart" that the Answers group had. The only thing the chart said was that if you answer anon and someone votes it down, you lose 1 point.
    Again, none of it matters, I just always feel compelled to solve these little mysteries. It's a compulsion, lol.
    vicesix

Comment by vicesix (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If your vote up/down meter goes to -3, then you lose points.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010