What are some ways to potty train a little girl that is two?

my daughter has trouble telling me when she has to potty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she is ready she will be ready. But to get things moving you can tempt her with some pretty princess panties. With the warm summer here you should just let her run around naked (at home, hehe) and keep the potty chair near her. It will be messy but she will learn when her body has to go. It could take a few days or weeks. Good Luck!
    katiedidit02

Answer by katiedidit02 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It will be messy to start, but get the thick cotton training pants, and have her start wearing those. Make sure she can access the potty at all times (plan on spending 4 days to a week at home working on this) and keep a little chart of what time she goes and if she pees, poos or both. This way you can get a feel of how frequently she needs to go and then you know how often to take her to go. You can also reward for her staying dry instead of her 'performance' on the potty. PM me if you'd like any more advice :)
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 3:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• The Mommy Files : Potty training
    May 29, 2008 ... Quick and easy potty training. I once met a mother named Erica who potty trained her 2-year-old son in three days. Three days? At age 2? ...
    www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/category?blogid=46&cat=1593 -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My best friend let her daughter have some independence in the issue. She wanted to be a big girl and would sometimes go but sometimes not. So she had her daughter wash her pretty princess panties out in the tub when she would soil them. It only took about 4 days and she was there. Now she just has to get her to quit wetting the bed. Also I believe in schedule training some too. Make sure she potties in the morning, before and after meals, and before bed. This will at least train her bladder some.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 4:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I am a nanny for a 2 year old and I got him Sesame Street's, ELmo's Potty Time. He loves it and it's working some days. We watch it every day. Try it and let me know.
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 9:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My two year old loved Elmo's Potty Time! You can also try books. One of her favorites is The Potty Book For Girls by Alyssa Satin Capucilli. She likes when I read that to her while she's trying to go potty. My daughter is not trained yet, but she's showing more and more signs that she's closer to being ready.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 3:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2008