Where would you let him put the fish?

A couple years ago, my DH caught a huge trout. Of course he wanted a replica made. Big waste of $$ if you ask me. But I knew if I didn't let him get it, I would hear about it for the rest of my life. Well, the fake looking fish is finally home and hanging above my TV in the LR. My son wanted it in his room, which was fine by me, but I didn't want to put extra holes in the wall and DH refused to have it in the corner. I guess it's ok where it is, but where would you let your DH/SO put a HUGE fake fish?!?! LOL

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 4:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is a hard one, cause that just isn't my style. . . I would probably let him put it in the bathroom. . .lol. . . like on the back of the door maybe. . .unless I was completely out of my mind and then maybe somewhere else. . .not sure
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• lol shit like that hangs in the Garage! We have an agreement, the house is mine to decorate, and he can have the garage lol If dh came home expecting to hang that in our living room I would assume that he lost his damn mind!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• LOL that's funny! Good question though, I'm not sure. Somewhere where I don't have to see it everyday, and it won't be the main topic of conversation whenever we have guests lol. Office/den maybe? Does he have a "man cave" or a work room?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• LOL..............on the wall near his desk or where he watches TV. Somwhere he sees it often (hopefully not the same place I would see it often.....funny)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'd allow it in the living room if he dressed it up so that it would be funny at least! You could change its outfit for the holidays!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If my husband had something like that he could either put it out in the garage with the rest of his things, in the trunk of his work car, or out in the garbage can.
    There is no way in hades I would let him put something like that up on the walls of our home unless we happened to own a hunting/fishing lodge and then he could hang it there.
    We have a tall wooden fence in the backyard he could hang it on, I suppose....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• BTW.....does it flap it's tail and head and speaks to you when you walk by? Hehehe.
    If he ever has to get rid of it, I bet my BIL down in FL (he's a redneck) would love to have it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• OP: No, unfortunately, it doesn't sing. LOL I think the fish on the commercials looks more realistic than this one. Unfortunately, everything seems to get ruined in our basement. So as much as I would like to make him put it down there, I can't until our mildew problem is fixed. He would look at me like I was nuts if I suggested the bathroom. He actually wanted to hang it where I have wanted to put pictures for years. I told him if anything was going in that spot, it would be my pics! The fence is a good idea, but if we put it on the inside, the dogs would ruin it. If we put it on the outside, some redneck would steal it LOL. I guess I will just have to deal with it till I find a better place for it! :)
    JGRIMMER

Comment by JGRIMMER (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• LOL...in the closet? Or in the garage? Or in a bathroom that he could call hs own?
    ANywhre I don't have to see it. Unless you own a Lake Cabin and can display the fish there, I can't see why a fish would be appropriate decor .
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010