What's the Worst advice anyones ever gave you?

When i was nursing my newborn at the time, my dad told me i couldn't have any sex because somehow my milk would poison my baby and the baby would turn out retarted if i continued having sex . Worst advice ever.

destinys1

Asked by destinys1 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• LMAO!!!! Can't think of any, but that was a "good" one by your dad! :)
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• rice cereal in a bottle and wake the baby up for feedings..pfffft lesson learned to let the baby sleep.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• wow that is really bad advice, maybe i could not imagine his little girl having sex, funny!

my daughters ped said don't worry this batch of shots are safe
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Someone told me not to have my child vaccinated. I did anyways, but I found that to be very bad advice.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• To forward face my oldest at 12 months and 16 lbs... he is now 4 and rear facing
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• A women who tried to tell me I didn't try hard enough to breast feed my baby and that my body would adjust my breastmilk to meet the needs of amy baby with a documented METABOLIC PROBLEM. Seriously?!?!? Seriously. I am very much pro-breastfeeding but their are medical conditions out there for a small slice of the population that breastmilk isn't appropriate. My little one is falls into that small slice. She abosolutely would not hear it. She stopped coming to me at the salon. I just recently heard she refused accept treatment for highly treatable form of lymphoma she was dx'd with. She's stage 5 now. :(
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Someone told me to take my daughter off her heart meds when she was 1 because they claimed she would become a drug addict before she was 12 if she was in the habit of taking medicine daily. Just stupid. They claimed that she had a heart rate problem due to being formula fed and if I breast fed and used natural remedies, she'd be fine. I guess I was supposed to ignore the 2 cardiologists, the scans, the EKGs, all that. I kept her on them until her doctor had us stop them to prepare her for surgery. So far, she's not an addict. But, I still have 7 years :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Not to marry my husband! To that I say "I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite". -G. K. Chesterton
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was told one time, with no compassion, to just "get over it and move on with my life", well it's not that easy! That was a long time ago though.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Any advice my SIL gives me
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010