How long were you off the pill

before trying to concieve? Do you have to let it get out of your system or awhile brfore trying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I stopped taking BC in December and got a BFP in January!! WooHoo!

SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 5:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't think there is any particular waiting time, but I'm not a Dr. I would figure that your body would conceive when it was ready, so to speak.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, I tossed my pills in August and got pregnant the same month.

My second pregnancy took me a year and a half.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• With my first, it took a year and a half and some fertility drugs to get pregnant. With my second, I went off the pill in May and got pregnant in June.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was off my pills for 4 1/2 years and never got pregnant. I had to go to my doctor to find the problem. I had a hormone imbalance because I stopped my pills, so that was why I wasn't getting pregnant. I went back on them for about a year to regulate my cycle and then in October'97, I got pregnant with my son! He truly is my miracle baby!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i stopped taking birth control pills toward the end of january and was pregnant within a month.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 5:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I intended to wait for the meds to "get out of my system" but I was pregnant with my very next cycle.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 5:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i came off the pill in the june but never got cycles, have PCOS. 2yrs and Fertility drugs later had a baby boy (now 3 and 1/2yrs). TTC no:2 but nothing so far
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• With my first two pregnancies, I got pregnant while on the pill. This time I stopped taking it in August, and it took until April to get the positive.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I went off in June, conceived in July.
    heatherNisi409

Answer by heatherNisi409 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010