my husbands son is 15 and has no friends.

dee77452

Asked by dee77452 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• What is the question, sweety :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• What's the question? Are you just trying to get points? lol.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry. Maybe you could check into the big brother/big sister program for him?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Can he join a town sports team or go to teen activities in the town? Get in contact with your town offices or Chamber of Commerce for ideas. Usually there are summer activities going on. Local schools might have summer activities too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Poor kid. :( Suggest that he join clubs at school. or participates in sports. Maybe he could audition for a play at school, this often will draw people out of their shells. But see what subjects he likes best and suggest that he join whatever club there is for that. Or maybe he could take some classes at the community college that would catch his interest. If he is happy as a loner, then that's fine too, but if he is lonely, the joining route is a way to go.

Answer by Bmat at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• He either doesn't want you to meet his friends or he is anti-social.

If he is still out but you haven't met friends, then you need to get to the bottom of his activities.

If he is staying alone in his room or on a computer all day, then you need to engage him in face-to-face activities. At 15 it will be hard for him to start a sport if he did not start younger. But you can encourage him to get a job, do volunteer work or join a club. If he is anti-social all of these things will be hard for him so a job will earn him money and give him something to do. If you think he is kind of geeky, get him a job somewhere where he will meet people with similar interests tech store ect. Anti-social people also do well in volunteer situations like an animal shelter or reading to the elderly since there is less social pressure.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Thats gotta be rough for a 15yr old boy.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 5:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• sounds like my son
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Some kids are just loners and some take longer than others to bloom, he will find his place soon enough.

Answer by older at 9:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Awww.
    Sounds Just like my Son.
    Well,
    - He might be gay.
    For all I know, some gay boys who aren't very confident about themselves tend to "Close up" in their own little world, and all they need is a motivation, some to tell them that they're by his side.
    - He can also be insecure, not sure about his looks about his "manhood", things like that tend to really scare out a guy and make his confident under his toes, if you know what I mean, my suggestion is, tell him to go out, help him meet other guys and girls, perhaps other guys from his own criteria?
    If you want, your son can talk to mine, my son is a "loner" too, and it bothers me like hell, so hit me up girl, and we'll see. :)
    - Ashleigh xoxo
    AshleighOlsen

Answer by AshleighOlsen at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010