Is this possible? Two young sisters share a bed...

one of the sisters breaks out in what looks like to be a bad rash. The doctor says the rash is actually bites from bedbugs. But the other sister didn't get any bites.
So, do you think that it is possible that only one of them got bites from the bedbugs and the other one didn't or is the doctor just wrong?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 5:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes, it is possible. The bugs are munching away happily on the one sister, so the other is spared. Happens all the time with fleas, like the pp said. Some people are just more attractive to the little bloodsuckers than others.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Maybe 1 child had a reaction to the bites that caused a rash and the other didn't? That's the only thing I can think of.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes totally possible. Some people are more tasty to bugs than others.

If there are mosquitos, spiders, fleas or anything my son and I will be eaten alive and my husband and daughter will not.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When I was little, my cousin had head lice. She slept in my bed for one week straight. I never got anything.
    Anonymous

• hmm, I don't know the specific answer to that, but I do know that when I was younger, we baby sat a neighbors cat. Apparently the cat had fleas. I didn't get any bites, but my mom and my sister did.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Looks like you already got your answer.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Thanks..I am just wondering because this happened to my girlfriends kids and she doesnt think its bed bugs...but if it is..she needs to get rid of that bed immediatley before they infest her entire house!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010