Why would you take a 2 month old baby to the zoo?

A girl I know is taking her 2 month old to the zoo tomorrow. He is her only child. It is going to be 100 degress tomorrow. I'm just really confused as to why someone would seriously think that taking a 2 month old to the zoo on a 100 degree day would be fun and worth the trouble.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not good in this heat and the baby is too young. Lots of people do all these neat things once they have a baby and don't take into account if the activity is age appropriate. I think it's a waste of money at that age, but to each his own...............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I used to have a zoo membership and would go all the time. I liked it because I could plop the baby down in the stroller and have a safe, relaxing walk. If you pay for a membership, it doesn't matter how long you are there and a little baby will sleep most of the time....

Maybe she is taking herself to the zoo.... why does this bother you?
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Awww, new mommies can get so excited to do things with a baby. They are just past that initial 6 weeks where you are supposed to stay in, and she just probably wants to take that baby out so badly. It's probably going to be hot and miserable, and she'll probably end up bringing that baby home after a few hours. As long as she keeps him shaded and as cool as possible, I say let her enjoy the experience. As mommies we learn by doing, and sometimes by making mistakes.
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• im not sure either...that would be one of the last places i would take a new baby! Diseases and being nasty at a zoo too...um def not a good idea!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That's pretty extreme heat, but otherwise, I don't see any issue with it. It's a great idea to expose babies to educational experiences.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Shes a new mommy and wants to probably get out of the house and show off her new baby and have something other to then then sitting around the house all day. Although I think she might regret it once she gets out there cause of how hot it is. And Im not so sure being out in the heat with a newborn that long is good for baby.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• hey, there is always walmart
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I took mine to the zoo at that age.... She didn't get sick and while she doesn't remember, it was a great experience for DH right before he deployed.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Around here, if you wait for a perfect day to go to the zoo, you might be going in December! It's been well over 100 for at least a month! As far as taking a baby, I see that all the time. Some people do have memberships and they like the environment. Why not take them??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well I didn't see the issue until you mentioned how hot it will be:( Its a new mom thing maybe? Brain stimulation? IDK...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010