If you're vegetarian or vegan....

...is your child also???

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have never eaten meat in my life. Cheese is the only animal product I've ever had besides a small amount of honey (no gelatin even). I just never wanted to eat meat. My whole family did though. I was just the odd one I guess.

My daughter has allergies to milk and eggs, so she doesn't eat those of course. I did not force my dd to be vegetarian because it is VERY hard to get the proper fats for small kids on a vegan diet and my dd was already so hard to put weight on. Her dietitian said that she does not recommend vegan diets for kids. If my dd decides to go vegetarian later on that is fine, of course. Honestly, I don't mind that she eats chicken and meats. I make them for her. Her health trumps my personal opinion on meat-eating.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My daughter is vegetarian, has been since birth. I do eat meat once or twice a week though, but i was also raised vegetarian (parents are Hindu) I did not have my first steak until i was 24 years old. But, even still. I'm programmed not to eat meat, so i don't eat it very much at all. But i do like it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Currently we are mainly vegetarian. On occasion we will have fish. I have been veggie for something like 8 yrs. I just don't like meat. My DH just recently had a crisis of conscience about how the animals are raised. It's fine with me, kosher meat is really expensive, so not buying it stretches our budget farther.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• well Im not,but I think I might convert over to being one tho....only because it is healtheir,and I can't seem to keep my weight OFF!Meat is great don't get me wrong...just saying its time to try something new...ok bye:)
    CafeMom732

Answer by CafeMom732 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm a flexatarian, which means I don't eat meat every day. I don't however eat red meat at all and neither does my daughter. She is only 2, but I have never introduced it to her. She will barely eat any meat at all though...she just spits it out. If she chooses to eat red meat when she's older, that's fine, if she doesn't want to eat any meat at all, that's fine too. I will never force my child to eat something that she doesn't want to like my parents did.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2010