Do you let your kids watch FAMILY GUY?

I don't. I like the show myself...I think its really funny but it is very much geared toward adult entertainment. I don't let my son watch it but I have caught him sneaking and watching it in his room. So I had unplugged his tv for the day. He said his dad lets him watch it at his house.
Am I the only one that sees this show as being inappropriate for children?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 5:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• HELLS NO! I love that show, but it is extremely inappropriate for children under 14. They joke about things that just should not be in a child's vocabulary.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Mine has watched worse for a long time. I don't really censor. I prefer to let him watch with me and learn from it because all sorts of shows open discussion.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yeah, we let her watch it. She's 5. Pretty much, if it's not porn, she can watch. She's smart enough to get that it's just a show and well behaved enough not to repeat what she sees and hears.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yep! Its not really that big of a deal to me.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• No I don't let them watch that show.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• NO!!!!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 6:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I use to let ds watch Family Guy and The Simpsons. I stopped when ds pulled down his pants and mooned dh and then said he was going to get a tattoo on his arm that said mom like Bart lol
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 6:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well, we love Family guy and you couldn't get our son to watch a commercial let alone the tv program so we didn't think he really "got it" well we caught him laughing at it ( he's 2-1/2 ) so now its off - we love it but yes, we think its inappropriate for kids - my niece is 10 and her mom lets her watch it and then she was asking what does chastity and virgin and BJ mean.. I know they have to learn somehow but.....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My 10 year old is not allowed to watch it. My husband and I don't watch it, we just never have. Our older daughters have watched it a few times, while one doesn't care for it the other finds it hilarious.
    FromAtoZ

Answer by FromAtoZ at 6:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Nope!!!!!
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 6:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010