Has anyone ever had shots in there back? Not sure what they are called

I have Dengenratve Disk Disease, lumbar bone spurs, buldging (sp) disk.
And the dr is wanting to do lumbar shots, I told him that I'd think about it and tell him at my next appt. but that sounds very painful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• yep my mom had them for years she has kinda the same thing wrong with her back! she has been on pain meds forever and nothing seems to work. she has had 4 back surgerys and they are all the same it dulls the pain for a while then it comes back! my mom says they r not too painful but she has a very high pain tollarance! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• if im remembering correctly my mother got them and said they were heavenly and recommended them to my sister. my mother and sister both had slipped disks. but like i said i could be wrong so please dont do anything based on what i have said...
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My husband has a bad back and every 6 months he gets a couple of shots in the spine. It helps the pain go away..His disks all of the are real bad. Will be in wheel chair in I think they said 7 to 10 years..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010