Need some help or ideas

I can't gain weight and I keep loosing. I pregnant with my third and I have been eating yet I am not gaining. I have lost 6lbs and it is going down. With my last pregnancy I gained but this time it seems I can not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to gain? Something healthy and safe during pregnancy?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 6:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can you drink those ensure nutrient drinks? That would give you added calories along with vitamins and such.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• How far along are you? I am 23 weeks now and I lost 5 pounds during my 1st trimester. I have now gained 9 pounds total.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's perfectly normal to lose weight in the first trimester because of morning sickness. It also is normal to lose weight in the very beginnings of your second trimester as your body starts to burn more calories to feed that baby. I'd say that if your not gaining weight back by your 20th week, you should contact your dr and see what they say.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. The baby is growing fine but I haven't gained the doctor is concerned about it and wants me to gain what I lost. I have an appointment in two weeks to check my weight to see if it is going up.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2010