What type of cake should I get for when my baby turns a year old?

I plan on getting it at either Walmart or HEB(grocery store in Tx). I just don't know what to put on top of it for her.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I did a animal and a mickey mouse theme for my sons first birthdays. And at Walmart they give you an extra little round cake for first birthdays. :)
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sometimes at your grocery store's bakery, they will offer to make a cake specifically for your child with non-sugar frosting. That's what I did for my DD's first. That way she could just go to town without the sugar high. lol
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• we did a white baby cake with whipped icing for her and a regular 1/4 sheet cake for everyone else. they both had butterflies on them. just dont go with anything too bright or dark because it's harder to clean off of the baby. pastels are the way to go!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• we just got a small maderia cake for my sons actual Birthday but for his party we decided to make frosted cupcakes for everyone. we stacked them into a pyramid and put a candle on the top. everyone had a cupcake to either eat there or bring home. less mess
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010