anybody ever hit rock bottom?

we did today. the car broke down when my husband was driving home from work. the car payment, insurance and rent are all behind. the insurance is actually canceled. the tags are expired on the car. i think we might be fixing to get evicted. we dont have any family or friends in this area. i offered to get a job, but i'm 6 months pregnant and my husband works different hours every day and we cant afford day care. i just dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband is diabled so every month is like hitting rock bottom. I work a few days aweek but after taxes I might as well pay them for letting me work there.. What is hard my kids go to school and they want things. I have to say I don't have the money right now..I am 50 now and that bottom should never show up. I thought when we got older we would have it made nope hubby got sick and we will be at bottom for ever now..I just pray to God to make sure nothing happens to me cuz then we will stay at bottom and never see day light..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sure have. I've had my electricity shut off at the same time I was just hired for a new job and the engine blew up in my car. Was behind on rent and someone stole my wallet with the entire amount of my last paycheck which I had just cashed. I had no way to get to work at this new job, had no job to go back to.Disconnection notices on my door for the gas and the cable/internet and an eviction notice.
    But I survived.After I felt like I died that is.
    Anonymous

• Aww hang in there momma, there is lots of help out there. Sometimes people just get in a hard situation and need help. Here are a few things that have helped us out when times got really tough! www.wishuponahero.com (amazing people, I have been granted wishes for maternity clothes, food, dogfood, baby stuff, pizza etc... we also grant other people wishes and send them packages. its free to sign up)..... Catholic charities can help with rent but you have to ask, find a local one, they are all over the country..... go to a food bank in your area. cut down on things that are not needed liek internet, cable, newspaper... whatever.... just try to get yur priorites straight. also, the welfare office may help with a one time repair for the car or could give u bus tickets. good luck though!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010