Anyone live in a private community w/hoa?

Do you have those nosy neighbors w/nothing to do all day but sit and critique what's going on at your house and report it to the HOA?

What are some of your stories?

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My co worker does. The woman who lived in the ajoining house moved and a new couple moved in. The woman is calling for everything. She called because she felt that the storage unit was too close to her garage door, she called about somethign with the door and then she called because she saw some water on the floor of her garage and insisted it was coming from a leak in my co workers's unit. The Association insisted my co worker take care of it, She called the plumber who had to rip out a huge section of drywall. All of this to find out it was the new owner's leak after all!
    She is now insisting that the either the association or the other woman pay for the repairs to her walls.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My BFF had a neighbor call on her for her Razor scooter(not powered) Its one of those that are like a slim 2 wheeled skateboard with a handle bar. The neighbor said that my BFF was waking her up by riding past her house! It makes no sound!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes, we do. And yes, half of them are nosy and the other half are being tattled on everyday.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We live in a cul-de-sac and we got a call from the HOA telling us that from now on when the mail carrier drops of a package, they are not to park on the side of the street, inside of the cul-de-sac. lol We ignore it all.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• So yesterday my husband was washing down our driveway because he has an old school 1980 bronco that leakes oil from time to time. About an hour after he was finished he went back outside to check the mail and found that there was a notice from the HOA water district saying that if he ever uses the water again in the middle of the afternoon he will be fined...

Now what makes me mad about this, is that he used the water all of 15 minutes, and it was at 11 am.... He told me he thinks it was the old lady across the street w/no husband....lol
    believejohn316

Comment by believejohn316 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010