What kind of music do you allow your children to listen to?

Right now, she likes the Imagination Movers and Tinker Bell songs. She also likes some of the things her dad and I listen to. Like she used to sing along to Heart when I listened to it in the car alot. That was awsome. She also likes Tom Petty, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash and sometimes Michael Jackson. She'll even dance to his music.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 6:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son loves The Ramones. Which is great because his dad and I love them too! And he likes this band called Carbon Leaf which is has a lot of songs on the Curious George 2 movie.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• In the car, we mostly listen to our local Christian station. It is good stuff like Skillet, Switchfoot, and Fireflight, not old boring music. haha We also listen to a lot of classic rock, folk, and other stuff. We love music.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh is that who does that soundtrack? awsome! My DD loves that movie!
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We listen to a bunch of stuff, but I have a bunch of kids. My four year old is in love with Beyonce and loves to dance to her.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• when my kids were younger we listened to a LOT of Cruxshadows :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ours are 7 & 10 and listen to whatever we listen to. + the ones they sometimes get in a kidsMeal :)

Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 6:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my son prefers a song that has a good beat in it. he likes really dance music which i do too.
    for some reason he likes Miley Cyrus song "Cant be tamed". maybe he is giving me a sublte hint. he absolutely loves Flo-rida "low low"
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• He likes Ozzy,Ac/Dc,Bad Company,Black eyed peas,and Thin Lizzy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I refused to listen to that annoying kiddie crap so he listened to the same stuff I did ... 80s hair bands and metal ... with some alternative sprinkled in along with a good mix of classic rock.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Metal, punk, things like that. Her new favorite of the moment is Clutch!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010