Fast go to meal

What do you make for dinner when you are completely rushed?

My3LittleGirls

Asked by My3LittleGirls at 6:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Because of our hectic schedule at times, and finicky eaters, I've become the "queen" of casseroles!!! LOL They are as healthy as you want them to be, easy to prepare, and microwavable on demand! I typically make several different varieties (most of which I get off of "cream of something" soup cans or Bisquick boxes and such) on the weekends, freeze or refrigerate them, and they are then available for whomever wants something to eat quick!

Other options that are readily available are chicken nuggets, peanut butter and jelly, cheese and crackers, Eggo waffles (no syrup or butter), mini bagel pizzas, etc. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• spaghetti. Doesn't take that long.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• eggs and toast, burritos, I also make some noddles and look in the frig to see what I can throw on them..Some times I will cook hotdogs, Hamburgers,and spagetti is easy like youngmm said..I also have things in the frezzer that I might have made ahead so I just have to put in microwave..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Pasta with butter and cheese, fresh peas if I have them. Cheese omelet w/tomatoes and toast is another quick dinner for us.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I try to utilize my freezer as much as possible.

I will make a big batch of soup, spaghetti sause, stew... and defrost for a quick homemade meal when time is short.
    I prep things in advance, like meatloaf, meat balls, freeze meat with the marinade in the bag... so that cook time is shorter since the prep work is already done.
    Make a big salad on Sunday and keep it in the freezer for the week.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Bean burritos. In the microwave. LOL
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• In a pinch, refridgerator omelets are always good. We just grab whatever leftovers are in the fridge and scramble them into some eggs. I do freezer cooking, too, but sometimes we don't even have time for those.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I try to plan ahead when I know things are going to be hectic, so we eat leftovers. I make a big salad and stick it in the frigde so we can grab that as well.... I try to cook most nights or eat out which I'm trying to get away from! soup is a good option too
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Breakfast. Eggs if we're really pressed, pancakes if we have a little more time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• scrambled egg sandwiches with sliced tomatoes and carrots

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010