should i go to the hospital or is this normal??

i am 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant as of today. and for the past 2 days i have been feeling alot of pressure in my lower abdomin and it even radiates down into my crotch area maybe tmi.. i cant get threw to my doctors office should i go in or is this normal. i am high risk for preterm labor because of my son. but i didnt have anything like this with him what do you think??

noey31308

Asked by noey31308 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If something does not feel right then go.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I had that in early pregnancy as well. The doctor couldn't tell what was causing it, but I'm pretty sure it was the baby sitting really low. I'm 26 weeks now and he still gets down really low sometimes.

Go in if it makes you feel better though! Always better safe than sorry!
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That is super common after 25 weeks, but now is way early to feel that sensation. If you can't reach your dr, call your hospital's L&D and speak with an RN.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It sounds normal to me. However, if you are worried, then be seen. FYI: I would be concerned about not being able to contact your doctor. You are paying him for the service.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think you should call L&D and see what they say. While I'm sure everything is fine, it wouldn't hurt to get checked out. If you feel worried or think something's not right, I'd def. go in.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you are truly worried they yes go.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• L&D usually wont even see you until you are 20 weeks in my area, if you go into the ER that is. It sounds pretty normal to me, if you see spotting or anything like that i would be worried. If you still feel the pain then maybe make an early appointment for tomorrow?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i would say it's growing pains..... always felt like that and it was just my belly getting bigger
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would say it's normal, but I haven't experienced it. My suggestion is bed rest until you do get thru to your doctor. You can always call L&D and ask a nurse before you go up there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would go to the hospital, better safe than sorry.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010