queston about anemia

i am anemic and am wondering if that is why i have been so tired an unmotivated. because of how unmotivated i have been and unorgainized i havent taken my iron pills in... wow i dont even know how long its been. i know i need to get back on them but im wondering if that will be enough to get me motivated again or if i need to seek other help. thanks ladies!

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• Yes it could affect you by not taking them. Do you use a cast iron skillet? That can give you iron. Maybe it's the heat that's getting to you as well, or even depression.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was anemic during both of my pregnancies, and the iron pills REALLY helped to increase my energy level. Before starting the pills, I just wanted to sleep all of the time, but it does usually take a couple of weeks for you to really notice a difference.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 7:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Taking your medication is the simplest thing to do!! You should keep your meds in the bathroom next to your toothbrush--so when you brush your teeth, you are reminded to take your pill(s)--or your coffee maker, etc.

Your doctor is only going to tell you to start taking your medication. You need to figure out how to motivate yourself so that you can be the best person you can be for your children! THAT should be motivation enough.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Absolutely!  Anemia is a low red blood cell count.  Red blood cells transport oxygen around your body.

Take your iron tables and also take vitamin B12 which helps your body to produce more red blood cells.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Food based iron may be better for you. www.soystache.com/iron has a great listing of iron-rich foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010