nice ways to say dont bother

I'm pagan and i am also a military wife meaning we move a lot lol. the place we live in now is from what i am learning on the row of everyone and there brothers religious door knockers. i have no problem with the once in a while bible thumps but its getting so bad that every time i have a knock at the door or hear the door bell i open tell who ever is there "I'm Pagan keep walking." witch with a 2 year old, 2 dogs and a cat i have other things to do with my time. then i thought i could make a sing like the people with the big dogs or cats that run out doors or have the no smoking sings. but thing is i need a nicer way to tell them to not take up my time. i was thinking about saying "i don't push my Gods please don't push yours." or "a pagan family lives here leave your bibles at the door." something cute like that. any idles?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 7:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here, this covers it all! Religion, Sales, Surveys... All of it...

http://www.pattykadel.com/signs.html

It says "A Cheap Apolitical Pagan Lives Here, We Don't Want to Buy It, Contribute To It or Talk About It"

I wish my DH would let me hang it, but he won't cause he's Christian... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't put up anything saying that you're Pagan.  That will attract them like flies to dog sh*t.  They will be positively giddy with glee at the prospect of a heathen to convert.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When I'd had enough of it, I just made a sign on my computer that said
    "I'm not buying what you're selling,
    So take your product, religion,
    or politics elsewhere."
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You need one of these.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Just put a sign up saying, no solicitors and we don't need a new religion as we have our own, thank you. Or something along those lines.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think there are signs you can buy which read "No Soliciting". Of course there is no guarantee the people at your door will understand they are indeed soliciting! How about making a sign about your baby is napping, or something. They will have to understand that! Don't you wish they could put their time to better use and volunteer to help people who really do need someone to help them with physical needs?
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My aunt had one that read " no solicitors, including religious."
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ask them which church they're from, get rid of them, then immediately call the church, tell them you do not want anyone else coming to your home and waking your baby/sleeping DH (whatever reason you want to give they'll be sympathetic to). Most of them will put your name on a list to stop. Be polite but firm and make it clear they are not winning you over by disrupting your home.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry, it's not easy living some place that has very different views from your own. I'm sure there are some people you'll be able to connect with even if they don't share all your beliefs, and on the bright side maybe you'll be restationed again soon and this can just be another experience you've had.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think the sign is a good idea. Although, you don't even have to emphasize your religion. You can easily put a sign on the door that says "Please do not disturb". You can tell the folks you know about the sign, so that they'll know that they are welcome. Emphasizing that you are pagan might encourage them to keep coming back...lol.

Or a simple "no, but thank you" and just shutting the door always works too. I've always had a hard time turning them down. We have a lot of Jehova's in our neighborhood, so i understand. Sometimes i let them in & tell them all about my Hindu religion & aruge with them to the point where they cannot back up their claim. This always keeps them from coming back too ;~)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010