Does anyone else have a hard time getting their LO's fingernails cut?

I can't do it while they are sleeping

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use tiny blunt end scissors that I find much easier than clippers. We don't watch much tv, so from the time he was around 6 months old I could turn on some kid show with bright colors for about 15 minutes and he would sit absolutely still "entranced" by the images for me to cut his nails.

Answer by missanc at 10:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When they were babies, I did. I was also told instead of using clippers, bite them off.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 7:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have the hardest time getting my daughter's . I bought a fake plastic pair of clippers for her and now I let her do mine first it helps a bit but she still hates it.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 7:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes, my son is better at it now but my daughter still doesn't like it at all.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I was scared to clip them when my son was newborn so I bit them off a few times until I mustered up enough courage to clip them. I clip them every time he's asleep without issue. Are they waking up?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If he's awake I have to wrestle with him! LOL - it's best to do it when they are asleep. I have also bitten them off if there was one that I noticed was too long and didn't have clippers nearby.
    wildnwonderful

Answer by wildnwonderful at 8:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i let them play with the emery board while i'm doing it and that helps. i also have a song i sing. it's to the tune of the little piggies song and i just change the words around to be about clipping nails lmao. hey whatever works. they don't give me problems when i sing it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes it's not fun or easy, so I just assume use nail files.
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 8:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• When my daughter was a baby, I used to bite them off. She always thought that was really funny and would let me.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010