How can I legally kick my husband out of our apartment?

My husband hasn't worked for the past 17 months. He did hurt his back awhile ago, but I also know that he is making it a lot worse then it is just so he can try to get disability and never have to work again. He even went as far to tell me he doesn't ever want to work again, and how it will be so nice to get ssd. What he doesn't realize is Its not going to be enough to live off of, even if he does get it. Anyways there has been a few times he gets really upset and grabs me and yells, I was scared enough to not goto sleep those nights. I love my husband, but not the person he has become. Reasoning with him and asking him to help money wise hasnt worked for the past 6 months, so its not going to now. He also hardly shows me any attention unless he wants something or is horny. I think I deserve a little better. How do I legally kick him out without it costing a lot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Look up the laws in your area and talk to a lawyer.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I don't know that you can make him leave if his name is on the lease. You might have to leave, it's hard because if your name is listed on the lease your also responsible for the rent. How long until your lease is up?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Maybe if he tries doing something to you next time , call the police make a report. and give him 30 days notice? or just give him the 30 days notice..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 7:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I do not think you can. You should just move out instead of trying to kick him out. And go talk to a lawyer. About a divorce.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with youngmm next time he puts his hand on you, you call the police and make a report with that report whether his name is on the lease or not you may be able to kick him out, or you may be able to talk to your landlord and tell him that you are not safe with him anymore and you are leaving and the rent is up to him...
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you are both on the lease you cant legally kick him out. Even if you were the one to leave they charge you a shit load of money because you have a lease agreement stating that you both have to say for a yr or whatever the lease is for. Either way its going to cost money and possible hurt you financially.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010