I have never been more angry at a person I didn't know in my life! Has this ever happened to you?

I just came back from the grocery store. I was picking up a thing of ice cream and some cookies. That's it. I get to the checkout and put them on the counter and the cashier just looks me up and down and says "Are you sure you really need those?" I thought I misunderstood her so I asked "what?" and she said "You could stand to loose a few.....dozen pounds. Do you really need cookies and ice cream?" all the while with this bitchy little sneer on her face.
Yeah, I'm a bit on the heavy side (about 165 pounds, 5'3"), but that was just uncalled for.
I asked to speak to the manager and she just threw her smock down, started yelling and cussing and walked out.
Has anyone ever been this rude to you? Or is it just me who draws the loonies like moths to a light?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Um..and you didn't not her into next week? Dang...I would have.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Wow, that was very rude. I would be offended too.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 7:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• wow. no i'v never had that happen. i might have knocked her lights out.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• maybe she was looking to quit..i always said when i plan on leaving my job i'm going out with fame
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• oh, my, heavens, I'm sorry that happened to you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Once I was in a Chinese buffet my kids were 2 and 5 I was getting little plates for them as I went into the bathroom while my friend watched them at the table some lady walked in behind me and cornered me. She said do you really need to eat that much food. I looked at her and said what she repeated it and after she told me it was because I was so fat I should try to control myself. We paid for the meal as we walked by the table she handed me a jenny Craig card my friend turns and says hey see these kids they have to eat. The woman laughed and said with as much as she eats I am surprised they are not starving.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• YES!!!!!!!!! I have had something similar happen to me but not about weight. I once had a cashier turn their light out at the register AFTER I had put the groceries on the counter. He claimed it was his break time and didn't have to ring me up. When I asked to speak to a manager he said I could go find them myself! THen he leaves and doesn't return. Oh did I mention there were no other registers open?????? I have NEVER been back in there. You should talk to the GENERAL MANAGER. And if that doesn't do it, call their corporate office.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• she obviously has problems- I'm sorry this happened.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Definitely complain to the manager but it sounds like she just quit.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• pinkdragon i wouldve went and got my plate and said "you know you're so right..i don't need this..you have it" and shoved it right in her face!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010