What do you think should be our leadership's first priority?

For me, all items should be off the table until the oil spill is under control,
followed by the war
then job creation. (although I will probably not agree with how they go about either.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. Stop spending and start LEADING!
    2. Stop propping up and bailing out businesses, industries and individuals from failing!
    3. Provide individuals and business with tax holidays and lower business taxes to encourage a return to the US!
    4. Come up with REAL job creation--as in PRIVATE industry--not more taxpayer funded government employees who can never be fired!
    5. Kick out ALL illegals and secure our borders.
    6. Do whatever it takes to finish and wrap up the wars--properly--no matter how long it takes.
    7. Don't run for re-election!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Stop spending what they don't have. Period. Do that and you solve a good half dozen of those other problems.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• 1 job creation
    2 job creation
    3 wrap it up in afganistan
    4 ask other countries to help us clean up the oil spill
    5 did I mention job creation?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Job creation
    War
    Oil spill
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think national security should be the number 1 priority. Right now, I do think a lot of attention should be focused on the oil spill, but the only way we as Americans are ever going to be able to prosper and live our lives, is if we are safe from terrorists and other countries trying to take us over. It's not going to matter if 300 million new jobs are created if a terrorist group comes in and blows everything up. Everyone is much happier and healthier when they know they are safe. Can't say I feel that way right now...
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm confused that the oils spill doesn't rate for so many.

I would like to see the oil spill cleaned up. Expecting the government to handle it guarantees it will take twice as long and cost twice as much as it should. The government already dropped the ball in waiting to accept foreign aid and failure to adequately inspect in the first place. Just because they are responsible for the national coast line does not mean they are the most qualified for the job. They should've had the work outsourced and handled the first week instead of "thinking about it" longer than they spend on most federal appointments.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree Sweet-a-kins.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The economy should be the primary focus. Reining in spending, getting out of the ME, incentives for SMall businesses to create jobs, working with the leaders of the other industrialized nations who are experiencing the exact same same economic woes that plague the US (housing, banking, auto) and unemployment.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Stop spending what they don't have. Period

The govt doesn't doesn't work that way, no matter WHO is in charge

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The first thing they need to do is read the U.S. constitution, and

then what LoriKeet wrote.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2010