Colonoscopy

Have any moms out there had a colonoscopy done??

I just began my prep gallon. It doesnt taste as bad as I thought.

How was your overall experience?

Did any of you continue to BF during the prep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• I work in an endoscopy unit and the procedure is fast and easy. Patients go right to sleep and before you know it their already in recovery. However the prep work the night before can be awful for some people.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Have any moms out there had a colonoscopy done?? I did in 2002

I just began my prep gallon. It doesnt taste as bad as I thought. I threw it up and had to drink MORE!

How was your overall experience? Not again for a LONG time, unless it becomes necessary again.

Did any of you continue to BF during the prep? N/A
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 7:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• What is BF?
    I had one done last year and just as I finished drinking the giant jug of liquid---I threw up. LOL. It was too much. The exam isn't so bad. I only asked for a light sedative and I was aware during the whole test. I am afraid of sedatives. I didn't want to be put under--I want to be aware. And I felt pretty good after the test was done.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I breastfed before I started the prep and then didn't breastfeed until 24 hours after the test. That was what as recommended by my doctor. They had to do some research to find out because they had never had a breastfeeding mom get one.
    The test is no big deal. The prep is really the worst part. Make sure whoever takes you is ready and willing to take you to the nearest food when your test is over... you WILL be HUNGRY!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010