SO wanted to go brew beer with his friend on my Birthday-

Saturday was my birthday - Friday my SO went out with his friends, for about 10 hours and then brought one of them home who left around 1 am on Saturday morning. Saturday, I get up and my SO says that his friend invited him to go brew beer on Saturday night, I just stared at him for a minute and then he said, "I don't know if we have plans but he suggested we go later?" I then said "you want to go brew beer on my birthday?" Then he backed out and said, oh no, I told him I wasn't going. (He didn't tell him that) and the next day admitted that he forgot it was my birthday but was hoping I'd let him go anyway.... GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR.... I'm still a little peeved about this because he never really apologized, should I just get over it or tell him how I feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• We never really celebrate birthdays for each other. Does it really matter? It's not like it's a kids' birthday or anything. There are far too many other reasons to get angry about. That's not one of them.
    Anonymous

• I would just get over it. You can always make plans on his birthday and see how he feels about it.
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 7:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Just remeber what he did and how he acted and get him back for it later.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i wouldnt say anything but i also wouldnt do much for his bday that year.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Or, instead of playing immature games as the others have advised - you could just tell him how you feel! You say "hon, it hurt my feelings when you didn't want to spend my birthday with me" and then have an adult conversation about it! I know, I know, it's crazy, but it just may work!
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 9:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would be disappointed too. After being married for so long, I have realized you have to accept your SO for who he is. He obviously has a hard time remembering your birthday. Next time, make definate plans with him. "Next Saturday is my bday, I would really like to go to (x) together". If he knows what you expect, it will be easier for him to do, and for you guys to get along. I know it would be nicer if he remembered on his own and thought up some fabulous surprise, but that is probably not the man he is. Appreciate his other good qualities. If you want to talk it out with him, do it after you have calmed down, so he can accept what you are telling him. Revenge will get you nowhere.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2010