Question about the movie Book Of Eli

I watched the movie last nite. My son says the man Eli was blind. I say he so was not!
What is your take?
Also, what did you think of the movie in general?

Momluv269

Asked by Momluv269 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• The book he was reading was in braille. I say he was. It is widely know that your other sense are more sharpened when you lose one,such as sight-hence the awesome fighting. He learned the Bible by heart by reading the braille system.That's how he was able to tell the man every word once he got to the library,adn the man had to write it down as he spoke it.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• He was blind. That was one of the big surprises at the end. The books that he carried was actually in Braille. He then translated it from memory at the end of the movie.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think he is also blind. I have no comments on the movie since I could not sit there and watch it with my husband.(just could not get into it)
    Just_Us_Friends

Answer by Just_Us_Friends at 7:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• ^ I meant the Bible, not the book.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Did not even think he was blind. I believe God put the bible in his head. It was just a twist in the movy that the bible was in grale.
    If I knew the movie was Religious based, I would not have watched it. But the fight seens where good.

Answer by louise2 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• See, I knew everything mentioned except I didnt get that he was blind. Just that he knew how to read braille.
    Momluv269

Comment by Momluv269 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• the bible was in braille-I think he was supposed to be blind-but that does make the fight scenes pretty crazy!
    I want to watch it again- we watched it about a week and a half ago and I loved it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think Im going to watch it again and see what I think about his being blind. Its just so hard to imagine he could do all that stuff he did being blind!
    Momluv269

Comment by Momluv269 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes he was blind.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 8:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Debbie, how do you know?
    Momluv269

Comment by Momluv269 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010