Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can I prove the father of my son convinces psychiatrist to sway his way?

The first psychiatrist was upset with me for involving her in the custody even though the court wanted her to come, so she said horrible things. The past doctor is the in the same fraternity (not same college), how can i prove that help swayed the doctor to go my son's father's way? I taped the meetings, no they don't know. I taped the teacher, counselor of the school and principal when they said, they do believe there are problems at the father's home. Also, does it really sway doctor's not to like you or be unbias if one parent is married and has more of an education than the other? Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

Answers (4)
  • No but feeling like you are trying to trap them by secretly taping them might. Act professional and not overly emotional this is the best way for people to take you seriously so you can get unbiased answers. Good Luck.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

  • Those taped conversations are not inadmissible in court, as they are considered a violation of one's privacy--in some jurisdictions they may be illegal and fall under the "entrapment" umbrella!


    And like Ryansmom's better to carry yourself well, speak clearly, without getting emotional, and stick to the FACTS to state your case.  If your ex wins because of "trickery" or paying back of favors, the truth will soon come out.  Don't stoop to his games.



    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

  • Actually laws on taping vary by state. In Illinois as long as one person of the conversation knows they are being taped, it is perfectly legal. So, if you are part of the conversation and you are taping you and the other parties, it is legal. But if you taped a conversation where no one knew it was being taped, then you couldn't use it in court. Again, this is in Illinois. I'd talk to a lawyer if you haven't to see what you can do. Maybe you can use the tapes? Maybe you can just get the people who said the stuff to testify in court? Maybe request an entirely new doctor?

    Answer by kuriequinn at 7:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

  • I am in TN and the laws of taping are the same as Illinois. as long as one person knows it is not illegal. I would be sure to discuss this with a lawyer, if you don't have one get one, now! Keep notes put on your big panties and keep your emotions in check this is probally one of the most important things you can do. As far as the first Pys. being upset for being in court, shame, that is part of her job if that is what is required. I would go by all suggestions of the lawyer and only change Dr. if they suggest and even arrange, this way it doesn't look you are just looking for someone to say what you want. hang in there, praying for you, the truth will come out!

    Answer by sprmomof3sprkds at 12:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.