My 10 month old has a fever of 102.8..

Doctor didn't want to see her though? I feel it is strange she isn't vomiting or having diarrhea. Any other advice besides cool compresses and luke warm baths?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like you're doing what you should. Depending on your philosophy, you could try infants Tylenol or Motrin. I was never quick to medicate because baby's body is learning how to fight something off. I hope it passes soon!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son went through the same thing a little while ago too. The only symptom he had was a fever..not that high though but probably 101.5-102. His doctor didn't want to see him either. I just alternated tylenol and motrin to make him more comfortable and turns out he had roseola. The fever went away and then he got a rash. That was it!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That's really high..He didn't want to see her?! I would be concerned..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 7:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• give her Motrin not Tylenol, it always works for my son when getting a new tooth and is running a slight fever. It should start working with 45 mins. As long as it is not over 103 i wouldn't take her to the ER. But if she still has a fever of 102 tomorrow i would take her to the doctor even if he doesnt think he needs to see her. Hope this helps :)
    ILoveConnor09

Answer by ILoveConnor09 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Check out this link, very good info on fevers. http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082100.asp

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• is he teething? b.c. when my child was getting teeth in she had a fever like that and was throwing up... it was so sad and broke my heart to watch
    inkedmommy1414

Answer by inkedmommy1414 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• mmm sounds like a virus or possibly ear infection? Can you lay her down if not I would say ear infection. I would just alternate the tylenol and motrin it will at least make her feel better and bring the fever down.
    JeanPatrick

Answer by JeanPatrick at 7:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My DD just had a fever 2 nights ago with 103. We just gave her infant tylenol every 4 hours for a day and the fever eventually went away. Hope your baby gets better soon
    urban_baybee

Answer by urban_baybee at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• tylenol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It's not that high. A fever is just the immune system fighting something. that's what it's supposed to do. As long as your LO isnt too lethargic (extra sleeping is okay) and still eating something and you can get her to drink a little, a fever alone is not cause for concern. I dont even break out the fever reducer until 103.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010