What would you do in this situation?

I made plans a year ago to go on this trip with friends. My parents came up and got my kids a couple weeks ago. I told them I had plans the 15, 16, 17 and 18 and they would have to be back before that or either after that. They said ok they would bring them back on the 24th. Well now all of a sudden my mom has tickets to something she wants to go to on the 24th. So they are going to bring them back on the 17th when I supposed to be out of town. She said this is the only time they can bring them. Should I just say screw my plans I have had for a year and stay home or tell them where the key is and that when they leave they can take the kids to their dads house here in town?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Make arrangements with the father. To take the kids tell you get back.

Answer by louise2 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Is it OK that they could go to their dad's? If so, I would try that plan first. It means they would be there 2 nights? I think that should be your fall back plan. Is there anyone else who could help? Friends? Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Don't give up your plans if there is an alternative. If their dad can take them, then that would work.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Why can't you pick them up on the 19th?
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree. Make arrangements with the father or go to your mom's house to pick them up when you get back.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Have her deliver them to their dad's house. How are you going to do that? Just call him up and say the kids are showing up at your house at 8:30 on the (what ever date) give your mom his phone number and she can make the final call. Take the stress out of your life if you have had the plans then go for it. Why would you not?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I would search high and low for a place to have the kids dropped off at if their dad doesn't want them...do not give up your plans unless you ABSOLUTELY have too
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• make plans with their father
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010