Lingerie and Fantasy stores...

So my bestie and I both have husbands coming home from deployment soon, so we wanted to look for lingerie. We went to one store, there are only 3 on this island, to look. It's an awesome store. But they also sell bedroom aids (vibrators and such) so we got kicked out because there is an 18 and over rule and we had our 5 and 6 MONTH old daughters with us. Am I the only one that thinks that is ridiculous? They are infants, not like they even realize what they are looking at, and besides we weren't even in that section of the store.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• personally i would never take my baby into a sex shop but hey that's just me. but hey.... rules are rules.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I understand why the under 18 rule is in place. but I agree with you, at 5 and 6 months old they are more interested in playing with their own feet than looking at what kind of store mom is in.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 8:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yeah I think that's ridiculous. At least there are two of you so you can swap childcare while the other shops!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It is probably a law.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It is beyond ridiculous, but it's not uncommon. We have a sign on the door of one of our local stores that says "No Admittance Under 18 - this includes your children" because this issue arises a good bit. It's extreme but it's because of the way the laws are written. If someone wanted to push it, they could close the shop due to them allowing a 6month old through the door simply because they are under 18... I don't see the point in laws like that at all. I mean, anything you can get in that store you can buy in Spencers and they don't have an under 18 rule...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sabrina is right.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with the policy. Adults go in there to shop. I know that when I go shopping at a SEX shop I don't want to see kids hanging around...... infant or not.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That's like taking a baby into a bar..not cool, so I understand why they would kick you out.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That's crazy! They aren't old enough to know what they're seeing or to even ask questions about it. I mean, I could understand if they're 5 and 6 YEARS old.. geez.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2010