Facebook Divorce Dangers........

NEW YORK, New York - (AP) - Facebook has a new friend -- divorce lawyers. When it comes time to find damaging evidence, the lawyers say social networking sites are often among the best places to look.

The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers says 81 percent of its members have been involved with cases using social networking evidence. Facebook is by far the biggest source -- with users often posting pictures of themselves and the other man or woman. There also sexually suggestive pictures, or snapshots involving the use drugs or booze.

WOW! What about stuff posted on here?? Would you have thought of this? Do you know anyone who has DONE this or had it done TOO them??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not my kind of thing, i try hard not to get involved with such idiots.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If its on the web consider it public, right?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i think people need to pay more attention to what they post on a public networking site. marriage is hard enough without all this crap.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you're stupid enough to put it online you deserve the alimony payment you're about to start making.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I agree with NP. My and hubby's MS and FB passwords are stored on the computer so, there is no hiding anything even if I wanted to.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I think it's absurd to blame a website for your idiocy. The website itself doesn't twist your arm to flirt inappropriately with people other than your SO or to post those pictures...
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I thought the time factor would also be mentioned. I became acquainted with CM and FB when my husband relocated across the country for his job and I stayed behind with our then HS Senior. It can be hard to control the time spent now that we are living under the same roof again. Sometimes I think working more would be a welcomed diversion.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It is a mistake for anyine to post intimate details about your life on Facebook. If someone is dumb enough to cheat and dumb enough to post incriminating details or photos on Facebook, they deserve to be caught and I don't feel sorry for them at all.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't blame Facebook! I love Facebook, it allows me to keep in touch with friends and family. I don't cheat or "flirt" so it isn't a problem for me. My FB account is an open book so to speak if my dh ever wants to see it and he doesn't do FB to begin with.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have to keep mine pretty private most of it is.. I am going through a divorce and I never complain in facebook about him because we have the same friends on the list and it will get back to him. I slipped once and he told me a friend told him what I said.. I can only think of three that did and have not decided how to handle them just yet.. divorce is not final so I have to be very wise in stuff regarding my life and I still live in the same house. Yes I have had my dad, my lawyer and others tell me not to share stuff concerning the divorce online.. my kids have an account and so that is a very good reason to keep it shut. I dont air much anyway but do have that temptation when I am upset to spill but I cork it well now adays! Those people that dont are not using common sense at all.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2010