What do you do to stay cool in a heat wave?

I have no a/c cause I live in a place it normally isn't needed so with this heat wave I'm roasting like a thanksgiving turkey! I need some stay cool ideas.... I have no a/c malls around either. The best I got is wally world (I can't stay there all day) so I need ideas.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hide in my closet with a fan. LOL kidding but I avoid the outside world like a plague :P
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 8:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Ohh another is to put a wet rag in the freezer let it harden than put it on your shoulders :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 8:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Or a spray bottle with ice water in it. An cover all the windows with dark fabric so the heat doesn't pound in through the windows :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 8:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• cool showers. If you have LO you can anchor the edges of sheets with books and put a fan under it to make it blow up like a tent and tell stories or play games under the "tent"
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We fill up the tub with really cold water sometimes and put our bathing suits on and go "swimming" in the tub for an hour or two just playing in the water. Kyra's only 5, so the two of us fit alright. Not sure if this will work for you, don't know how many kids you have or how big or small they are.
    Keep cold water in a pitcher in the fridge and drink a lot of it, it helps keep you cool.
    Keep off the lights you don't absolutely need. It's a small difference in the temp, but it's noticeable.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I use to sit with a spray bottle with cold water in front of a fan. Now I just get in the pool. Do you have a community pool near by?
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 8:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• i stay indoors under air conditioning and drink lots of water
    sarahmcdaniel

Answer by sarahmcdaniel at 8:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you keep your pulse points cool,the rest of you wil feel cool. Wrists,neck,groin. Try ice packs on your wrists while you sit and watch tv

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• A box fan and a wet towel will make a pretty simple and easy swamp cooler. Put a wet towel on the back (where it is pulling air in) of the fan and turn it on, you'll have to keep wetting the towel but it works pretty well. That's what we do down here where its hot most of the time (I grew up without AC in central TX).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• pool or the sprinkler
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2010